To learn more about our career opportunities, check out our current openings below!
TITLE EXAMINER/LICENSED ABSTRACTER
We are looking for a self-motivated, critical thinker who is a licensed South Dakota Abstracter, or is interested in becoming a licensed South Dakota Abstracter (an accredited professional that certifies the status of title to South Dakota real estate).
- Determine current land ownership, encumbrances, and title defects.
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property.
- Summarize and review chains of title, document your work in the file.
- Study the South Dakota Land Title Guide with the goal of passing the South Dakota Abstracters’ Board of Examiners test and become a licensed South Dakota Abstracter.
- Produce title products as ordered by lenders, owners, attorneys, and realtors.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and customers via phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Proficiently work with title production related software and electronic technologies.
- Prior experience in the real estate industry, especially with title companies, is a plus, but is not required.
- Desire to become a licensed South Dakota Abstracter
- Completion of an Associate or Bachelor degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Critical Thinking: Uses logical thought processes to analyze and draw conclusions.
- Respectful team player with integrity and strong decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Customer Focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customer or clients.
- Strong computer-based abilities (i.e., software operations, data input, and Microsoft Office).
Benefits to include:
*Employer paid Health Insurance
* Retirement account with employer matching 3%
*10 Paid Holiday’s
*120 Hours Paid Time Off (accumulated)
*Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
* Travel would be minimal and would be prearranged